Friday, December 4, 2015

SNOW!!!

At the beginning of this year we had snow, and then more snow, and then....more snow!!! I can like snow, but when it gets to be this much I'm not a fan. Also when it's so cold outside and it's snowing, you can't even enjoy it. Luckily, we had some days that we could go out and enjoy the mounds of snow we were provided. 

Preston loved it, and always wanted to be out in the snow, even though it was hard to walk in.

"What do I do now?"

Spencer got the great idea of cleaning off our front steps, and then making a massive mound of snow at the bottom to jump into. It was lots of fun, although trying to remove the massive mound of snow was not fun. 

Daddy getting Preston with a snowball. 

Spencer was tired and just laid down to rest. 

The boys together playing. 

This was the first of the snowfall. We didn't think we'd get much this first day so the kids went to school. Which wasn't such a great idea. We don't have the plows and manpower to clean the streets as quickly as other towns who do get snow a lot, so it stayed like this until 4pm, with additional snow on top of the already packed/driven on snow underneath. There was lots of car accidents that afternoon/evening and even some buses slid off roads. Parents were not happy their kids had to go to school in this, so for the rest of the year I think the administration took the "just in case" let's be safe decision. 

And did I mention it was feeling like 1 degree outside!?!?!? Yep, these poor kids at the bus stops. Look at that wind, we are just not used to getting that kind of coldness and wind....although this was the second year of a bad winter there. 

The snow was pretty to look at while it was falling. I loved sitting by the window to see it all. 

Another day outside to play in the snow. Preston especially loved figuring out the whole snowball throwing thing....because he kept throwing snow at me all the time. 


1 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

One day I want that much snow. Just for a little while :)