Saturday, November 13, 2010

Let's Go Fly...

(how many of you finished that title line with "...a kite!"??)

Our next adventure after riding the elephants was flying in a Helicopter over Victoria Falls!!!!! It was scary, because none of us had ever ridden in a helicopter before, and you can feel everything up there. I was in the front with pilot, and there was nothing for me to grab onto. I didn't want to grab the controls, or the door (for fear of it flying open), and the floor below me was mostly window so I didn't want to push my feet down too much either!!! But it was still FANTASTIC!!! Enjoy the pictures.

Tyler was really excited about this ride.
Can you see the mist right in the middle?? That's the Falls.
Getting closer.
Look down at my feet and I saw a big train on the train tracks!
Victoria Falls
Victoria Falls and Zambezi River.
Okay so that rock ledge, is where Spencer and all of us were sitting when I did my last post about the Falls. A long way down, huh?
Rainbows!

Dry season, I show you all of these dry season pictures, because when we go back in January I'll put those rainy season pictures up and you will be VERY surprised!
All done with our ride.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow!! That's the view from where your feet were!!! Wow!!

And what beautiful falls! So pretty! And I'm excited to see the rainy season pictures!

Laura said...

SO cool! I would have beed quite scared by the window floor too. Good job taking pictures!

The King Klan said...

Sooooo, does Tyler work at all? Or do you guys just get paid to go travel to all of these AMAZING places? This is awesome. I'm so jealous. You guys are traveling fools.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Looks like fun... I don't think I would have done well with the see through floor....

Mickellerox said...

Wow, some more gorgeous shots! I also think the last shot of Tyler and Spencer walking away from the helicopter is very movie star-esque! Fun times :)