Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Continuation

I meant to put these photos up on the other blog with the spider, but the pictures weren't uploading. But today they seem to be doing just fine. So here are the other random pictures I wanted to post.

This first picture needs a little background story.
One day I was sitting at home while Spencer and Tyler were at school and work. I was reading a book in the living room, by the front door, and I kept hearing this crackle noise. I kept putting the book down and listening really hard to try and figure out what was going on. Then I got up and went over to the kitchen window, and this is what I saw:
The neighbors were burning their trash and it got out of control! I was worried it was going to burn up one of their trees and then jump over to the branches of our trees. But nothing like that did happen. I was a tad scared though. I watched the fire go all the way around the property, it was crazy!

This next picture is of one of our cantaloupe that didn't make it. Most likely because of that bug that is sticking out the side of it. It was a BIG black beetle with orange spots. I let him be to eat the rest of the cantaloupe.
But we did have one cantaloupe that did marvelous! It was the first one I picked.

This is me comparing the size of it to my recipe box. It was good size!

And lastly our carrots! Half of them are gone in this patch because they were ready to come up. This was right before I picked these ones, and we already have more growing and they are almost ready to pick. I really like having a garden! :)

4 comments:

Mary said...

i have to admit, i am so jealous of your garden! i would love to be a decent gardner. you're my hero. :)

Laura said...

Very nice fresh produce! Scary fire though!

The Nicholes said...

I am glad that these pictures aren't scary.

Martinez Family said...

Seriously it makes me want to come visit you! :)