Monday, October 6, 2014

The Sickness

Back in May we had quite The Sickness go around our family. Spencer got it first, and it wasn't fun.  He missed a day of school, and we were lucky it was just a quick 24 hour sickness, so not too bad. Well, it had been two days since he was sick so I didn't even THINK anyone else would get sick. HA!

Spencer was sick on Tuesday night and Wednesday, on Friday night when Tyler went off onto a Scout campout Preston got horribly sick that night! The frustrating part was that I was the only adult home. I was trying to clean off Preston, change him, clean his bedding, and get new stuff on all while he was wandering around wondering what was going on with him. He wouldn't stand still!! So I thought, well Spencer is asleep 10 feet away, I'll yell for him. Um, no. I screamed for Spencer to wake up and help me and he just slept right through it. Not so great. But I got through it and stayed up all night to help out Preston. 

This is him the next morning when he started to feel better and was so worn out!

Luckily Preston's sickness lasted just 8 hours. But I was on edge the whole rest of the day!

Well, the weekend past, Tyler got home, all was well...until two days later! Tyler got it!!!!! So he was down and out for the 24 hours, I swear I don't know what was in this Sickness but it was rough. So I was left. I was sure I wouldn't get it, I mean I'm the MOM! HA! The Sickness saved the best for last, I got it the worst, fever, body aches, keeping nothing down, and lasting the longest....at least 36 hours!! I swear I was on my deathbed. It was awful. 

To recover from that was hard, and Preston took advantage of having two parents down and out. He got to eat whatever he wanted and from wherever he wanted. 

Spencer was a great help in playing lots with Preston while we were sick. 

Thankfully we made it through The Sickness, but I hope we don't meet it again for a long time! 

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

It is such a shame when the mom gets it! It is so hard! Guess who has all 4 kids home sick today?!?! Boo.

Laura said...

Stomach viruses are the worst! And I hate that they take so long to get passed around! Glad you all made it through!