We had our last visitors come and visit in the middle of August and it was my brother and his wife!!! We were hoping they would bring some of their kids, they have 5, but plane tickets are a bit expensive nowadays. But we were still REALLY happy to have them come see us and have some fun!
We introduced them to Max Brenner's and I think they fell in love...with the food. They really liked it.
We also were able to go over to Grand Central Station. I had never been there so it was fun to see the bustling terminal. It was really big, and the windows were so tall, I loved it!
The clock!
I love any American flag hanging in places like this.
While we were there Tyler was telling us there was this whispering corner. Where if one person stood in one corner and whispered up the corner of the wall, and another person stood in the corner opposite it and listened, they would be able to hear them! We tried it, and it didn't work. Then we tried again and it was the weirdest thing ever! It was like the person was standing right next to you talking.
After that we went outside and stood beneath the Chrysler Building. It's one of my brother's favorites, and pretty cool how it was built.
We wanted to also go to the big Public Library, and so while walking to it we turned around and got this great view!
I love libraries and think they are just wonderful, the bigger the better! So I was very excited to go and see the big New York Public Library! Spencer and I also love movies, and The Day After Tomorrow is a favorite and guess what is in that movie??? The New York Public Library!!!!!
This is Spencer and I pretending that a big wall of water was coming after us and we were trying to run into the library to get to higher ground.
The inside of the library was gorgeous. Whenever I can have a library in my home....maybe I'll do some of these decorations.
Where do those doors lead to???
This room is in the movie a lot! It was pretty cool to be there, and look at the lights hanging down...so cool.
I definitely want this painted on my kids' wall. Just so they know Mom always wants them to read and learn.
I loved these lantern type lights too.
Having my brother and his wife with us for a few days was so fun! I hope they had a blast too, especially with all the good food we ate. It was fun also to explore places we had never been to yet together.









1 comments:
I've been in Grand Central Station on a previous trip! :) And you are a fabulous runner! I am sure you would have been safe from the wall of water :)
Post a Comment