When we first moved here I started taking pictures of everything, and some things just do not need a full blog post....so here's some of the random things we've seen!
Madame Tussauds sign. This was the view from our hotel when we first moved here near Times Square, but know that from the ground, you really do not see this hand holding up the sign. It's kinda weird, but cool at the same time.
While on a bus tour of the city we saw the Fashion District! I thought this information booth with the button and needle was pretty neat.
If you ever come to the city, do me one favor, look up! You will start to notice something on top of every building in the city.....water towers!!! We found out that if a building in this city is taller than 5 stories, you will have one of these lovely things on top of the building. The water pressure can only go up 5 floors, so the rest has to use gravity. Now do not ask me how the water gets up to the water tower...I do not know.
While on our little bus tour, I noticed this AWESOMENESS in a window!! (anyone know the movie reference?)
Had to take a picture of a NYU building, which I really couldn't tell which buildings belong to NYU and which ones that do not, besides with the flags. College here would be really different.
So you want to find a parking space in the city? Good luck! Parking is not fun here and VERY expensive, hence the reason we did not get a car while living here. BUT if you have to drive here, here is one option of parking, stacking! We've seen some lots get 4 or 5 cars stacked on top of each other!
Some more of the Fashion District.
And where I imagine Tim Gunn is at all times.
2 comments:
A Christmas Story! I win!!! :)
So I haven't been the best at checking blogs lately. But i just got caught up on yours. :) Miss you guys! Glad you're doing so well and found a new place!
Post a Comment