Monday, March 21, 2011

Leopard Rock

A couple of weekends ago we were invited to go to Leopard Rock with our friends. It was last minute and we weren't sure if we could, but we decided this would be the best chance to go, and so we did! It was beautiful! Leopard Rock is in the Eastern Highlands, where lots of mountains are, and it was wonderful. It took about four hours to drive there, so not too bad, and this was the scenery we got while driving. As you can see it was pretty great, not too hot because the sun was hidden.
We also saw a lot more of these rock formations that are all natural here. I think it's crazy that they are just balancing on each other like that.
A big ol' hill we saw. I don't know what it was, besides a hill.
YAY! Welcome to Mutare!
This was the view after we saw the shrubbery welcome sign. Gorgeous, right?
After Mutare we still had about 30 minutes to drive up into Leopard Rock. It was great to see mountains again.
Still climbing!
Finally made it to Leopard Rock Hotel.
Tyler and his friend went and played golf right after we got there, after that Tyler went in the pool with Spencer.
I was up at our hotel room taking pictures. This is the pool they went swimming in, it has three different pools, each one being a different depth.
This was the front of the hotel, and that is our friend that we went with (she knew I was taking the picture but didn't look), and luckily they were right next door! :)
The other view from our balcony. Beautiful, yes? (wait, I've already asked that)
Next post will be about the animals and more views we saw there!!

5 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Wow Becca! I am impressed at how high class all that stuff is. I guess I assumed since it was in Africa, it wouldn't be all that nice. But, it looks very cool! :)

Andrea said...

So pretty! What a great get away!!

Ash & Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mickellerox said...

what a beautiful place to visit! Looks like you guys had so much fun. Those rock formations are so cool!

Haylee said...

Loving your more frequent posts:) also loving all the pictures. That place looked beautiful. So warm and tropical. That's where I want to be right now:)