Sunday, June 28, 2009

And the Winners are...(drum roll)

1-The Good Life (Linda Anderson)

2-Mary Delmege

3-Bianca Rose

4-Jen Nicholes

5-The Martinez Family



And the grand winner is Bianca Rose
(These results have been verified by Spencer and Associates)


Thanks to all those who participated by becoming a follower of our blog. For those of you who didn't win, fret not, as we will do this contest once or twice while we are in Zimbabwe. (Remember everyone is welcome to come visit us in Zimbabwe and you will have a place to stay while you go on Safaris, ride elephants, and play with lion cubs. For those soccer fans, the world cup is in South Africa so Harare is a good place to spend some time before or after you go to a match.)


As for the winners what I need from you is

1) If for some reason someone from the family of the winner was actually the one who signed up as a follower and not the actual person listed, please let me know. For example if Jen is actually Lindsey or Ashely or Nathan, or maybe even Bart, or if Mary is actually Scott, or Bianca actually Colby or Luke or Melissa. If the names listed above is actually the person who signed up as a follower then there is no need to let us know.


2) Please let us know what type of prize you want. Some example of items are masks (wood and fired clay, old and new) wood carvings (elephants, giraffes, alligators, pots, bowls, jewelery boxes), jewelry (malachite, wooden, beaded) malachite carvings (Malachite is a green semi-precious stone and there is jewelry made of it and other carvings such as eggs, frogs, elephants, dolphin), paintings (of african scenes), african cloth, kuba cloth, greeting cards, a monkey (wait I can buy this, but it may be difficult getting it past customs), an african doll, or if there is something you collect let us know and we will try and find something to add to your collection (money, stamps, spoons, etc)


3) Almost everybody we will be seeing while we are back in the states in July and August, I think that is everybody besides Bianca. So most of these will be hand delivered, but if for some reason you would prefer we send it to you in the mail let us know.


4) Bianca since you are the grand winner, let us know of two things from the above list that you would like.



In response to the comments. We will do a future post about church here. As for more pictures, unfortunately taking pictures in the Congo is a big no-no. It may or may not be against the law, either way if the military or police see us taking pictures they will confiscate our camera (and since we have already lost three cameras in the two years we have been here, we don't want another one lost.) However I will be taking some video footage over the next couple of weeks and when we are back in the United States with good internet access I will upload the video. In Zimbabwe the no camera rule doesn't exist, so we plan on taking alot of pictures.

9 comments:

The Nicholes said...

What??? I didn't win? I guess I can't complain, since just sitting here at the computer I can look around and see 4 things from the Congo. I'm looking forward to adding in the next two years.

Haylee said...

i wish i would have won!! its ok im just happy we get to see you guys in two months!!

Mary said...

YAY! I never win anything, this is so exciting! Decisions, decisions... I think I'm going to go with African cloth. I'm going along the lines of home decor, so I think that would be a cool asset. You guys are awesome, this was a sweet contest! :)

xoxo

See you all soon!

Martinez Family said...

ummm you guys are AMAZING:) Let me think about it and get back to you , wooo-hoo!:)

The Good Life said...

I am a Winner!!! Thats amazing! Oh my gosh I have a choice, cloth sounds good or a spoon, wait surprise me I love surprises!

The Good Life said...

I think you should host a movie night/slide show...it would be awesome.

Martinez Family said...

Sooo think you should have a movie night/slide slow night:) How neat:) And... suprise me as well:) you guys are amazing!

Bianka Rose said...

YEA! OK, sorry for responding so late but I didn't even know I won until my mom told me this morning. I've been working a lot lately and been busy. But as far as prizes go, I would like something that's really Congo-ish. A wood carving sounded cool and so did a monkey but my parents don't really like pets. A mask sounded neat as did the jewelry but I'm not a big jewelry wearer. So I guess, a mask and a wood carving would be fine. Thanks a lot! This is exciting!

Jen said...

YaHoo! I have been debating about this for days now....hmmmm too many choices.

Can I choose a box/basket thing? Like the one Todd and Jeanne have. I think they got it for Christmas.

Anyhow, thanks for the cool contest, I NEVER win anything!!!!=)

See you in a few weeks!