Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy July 4th!!!

We had to wish everyone a HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!! 

I think this is one of our favorite holidays because we love America, and all that it is and the freedom that is here. Living overseas we always get a different perspective of what a great country the USA is. Now being here in America for the 4th of July and living here, we can't say that we feel any different. Yes, we have our differences in this country but that's what makes it so great. Different ideas make what this country is today. I'm just thankful we are not under any kind of dictatorship, and we are free to choose which religion we practice, and we have so many rights as citizens. We can complain a lot about what we don't have and that we don't have enough or that the government is corrupt, but to me, it is nothing compared to how others live. I love this country and am so excited we get to celebrate its birthday!!



Living in New York means we get to see the fireworks here!!!! And guess what?? Our apartment looks out over the Hudson River, so I can't wait to sit in a cool apartment and watch the wonderful display of fireworks to celebrate this great day!!! Hamburgers and corn on the cob for dinner....what could be better?!?! 

Wishing you all a happy 4th of July today and that we take a moment to just relax, celebrate, and forget any complaints we may have, this country is great!!!

3 comments:

Dannon N. said...

Nice view of the fireworks!

Butler Family said...

I LOVE the pictures of the fireworks. So cool that you can sit in your apartment and watch fireworks.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Love the fireworks picture!