Friday, May 25, 2012

Broadway- 6

For Mother's Day, Tyler surprised me with tickets to go and see either Evita on Broadway or Once. I decided with Once because I had heard such great things about it, and it's up for 11 Tony nominations!!!! I had to see what the commotion was about, and thought I would see Evita later (hopefully). 

It's a story about a man who sings and writes his own songs, and the songs are about a girlfriend he used to have or still has, but she is in New York and he is in Dublin, Ireland. And then one day a girl who is Czech walks into his life and helps him realize the gift that he has with his music. It's quite touching, and the songs are INCREDIBLE!!!! The only sad thing about this was the usage of the F-word so much. But the story was still interesting and funny and inspiring to go after your dreams.  

The leads in this play were amazing! I mean they had chemistry and they wrapped you up into the play so easily. There was also no orchestra for this play because all the actors played their own instruments, which was amazing. 

Another different thing about the play was that all the actors stayed on the stage the whole time!!! They just went to the side if it wasn't their turn. It wasn't distracting at all either. 

My favorite song from the play:

1 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Interesting!!! I have never heard of that musical. It must be pretty awesome for you to have the experiences to see so many cool plays!!!!