While home this summer Spencer had a birthday!!! He was excited to spend it with his cousin, aunt, and Grandma and Poppa. I asked him this year, as I do every year, what he wanted his birthday cake to look like. He thought and thought and thought, and decided he wanted a skateboard cake. Seemed easy enough, so I agreed.
We celebrated by going bowling with the whole family. It was quite fun and Spencer was loving it, I believe he did quite well in the scoring too. After eating at the bowling alley and bowling and playing arcade games with Wyatt we went back to my parents house to have cake.
Here is the masterpiece I could make. I found a website where they used doughnuts and Twizzlers for the wheels. And Spencer wanted the design of flames on the skateboard. Turned out okay I guess?
Spencer opened his presents that night too, and he got his first iTunes gift card?!!? I think he's spent it all on App games. I can't believe he already uses these.
Grandma and Poppa got him a Pillow Pet!!! He did not know what these were until we were in the States and saw a commercial for them, and once he saw it all he talked about was getting a pillow pet. He loves it.
Seeing how the pillow pet feels.
Happy Birthday Spencer!!
We love you!!!
Also about a week and a half later Spencer had his first day of school. It was the same day we were moving into the bare apartment we got. So we were still in the hotel that morning, so here is his first day of 2nd grade picture in the hotel room.
He is getting so much older, and I'm not sure I'm a fan of it, but he is so dang cute. :)
4 comments:
he is such a super cute boy!! And getting cuter by the second. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE that cake. way to go:)
Way to go on the cake, for reals! I am sorry Spencer's getting so big. :)
The cake is fabulous! And it makes me want donuts... Yum! Kari talks about pillow pets all the time too... I haven't caved yet :)
Love your cake, looks really good. We had the same thing with the pillow pets. I saw a commercial first and thought wow that's really dumb. But the girls saw a commercial later, were mesmerized, and that's was the one thing they wanted for christmas.
Post a Comment