Wednesday, April 9, 2008

smart boy or smart alec???

On Sunday we had a Pig Roast at the Marine House to go to, and they really did have a pig on a spit spinning around for I think they said twelve hours. Anywho, we went to the pig roast and it was such good food! Spencer had lots of fun running aroudn with the other kids there too. So by the time we got home Spencer was quite tired, especially after not getting a nap. He wanted Tyler to carry him into the house from the car, but Tyler had his hands full so he couldn't. So Spencer did walk and when he was two steps from being inside the house he started pouting. I asked him what was wrong, he told me that Daddy wouldn't carry him into the house. Tyler looked at him and asked, "Do you have two feet? Because if you have two feet you can walk into the house." Well, Spencer looked down at his feet and you could tell that he was counting to see that he did have two feet. So he then lifted one foot off the ground and put it behind the other leg, looked up, and said with a smile "I only have one feet." Tyler and I just looked at each other and laughed. He thinks through things so quickly. And he did walk the two more steps into the house.

Then yesterday, Tyler was playing with Spencer and was using him as different instruments. Holding him like a guitar, and drums, etc. Well when Spencer had had enough of that, he goes, "Daddy I don't want to be instruments anymore, I'm just Spencer." We don't exactly know where he learned the word instruments, bu the said it clearly. He surprises us everyday.

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Kids are great! Kari said the word missing the other day... Where did she get that from? And how did she know how to use it correctly. Sounds like you have a smart kid who will use it to his advantage :) Watch out :)

The Nicholes said...

Like I told you before, he his a smart boy. But then you already know that. You have lots of fun to look forward to as he grows up.

joel and laura michelle said...

what a sweet little man you and tyler are raising. all of your stories about him make me smile, laugh, and then say "ohhh ... i miss them!" july isjust around the corner. family & fun are coming your way becca!! love you!