Got your attention eh?
So the Christmas Holidays are coming fast, and we are excited to have them come. Even though we don't have any of our decorations yet, so it doesn't feel so Christmasy in our house yet, but we are hoping that the rest of our belongings will be delivered to our house this week. We know that it is all here in the country, just not at our house. But what a Christmas gift it will be to get all of our stuff here! It's weird to think we could end up having Christmas twice! That's alright....we are in some unusual circumstances. But Happy Holidays to everyone! :)
Tanks....well I don't remember if I put this up here or not, so sorry if I have. But I was informing some family this weekend about how we have a military tank right down our street. Yes a real, big, Congan military tank. So I was telling them that when we go on our walks around the loop by the river, Spencer will always say "I want to go by the tank, let's go see the tank." Now, is it normal for a 3 yr. old to know what a real tank is, and see it all the time? It will have to be I guess. :) It's there, by the way, because at the other end of the street is one of the Presidents houses? maybe office? I don't know, but it is there for protection. There are soldiers all over here too. They look mean, but sometimes they smile at us. :)
And that brings us to the rumors of war. I don't know what the news is saying about Congo back home, but there is a rumor that a war could break out in the eastern part of Congo. We are fine, and are on the western part of Congo. My analogy is that if the fighting is in Ches. Virginia, then we are in like Nebraska or Kansas. It is kinda scary to know that there is some brutal things going on right in the same country, but we are safe. So no worries! :)
Oh and our camera should be here VERY soon! So...pictures on the next blog? We hope!
Monday, December 17, 2007
Christmas Holidays, Tanks, Rumors of War. 'Tis the season!
Posted by Becca at 6:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yay!!! We want pictures!!!
Post a Comment