Sunday, December 22, 2013

Halloween

Halloween 2013!

Spencer was chosen for one of the games at his class party. It was boys against girls, they had to use 8 rolls of toilet paper to wrap the person….let's just say the boys were just throwing things around and the girls actually looked like a mummy. 

This year, to save a little money, I decided to MAKE the costumes?!!? It seemed overwhelming, but I did it! Spencer wanted to be Finn from Adventure Time, and since his sidekick is a dog named Jake, I thought Preston would be great for that! For Spencer's costumes I only had to make his hat…not too difficult. Preston I had to make shirt and pants and hat…a bit more difficult for a novice sewer! Here are all my parts cut out….yes, what goes where???


Here's the finished product!!! Doesn't look too bad! Now Preston's shirt was a little small, and his pants a little big…BUT what can you do? 

Here is the Jake and Finn cartoon, so you can compare. 

And here are our Jake and Finn. They had a blast trick or treating and brought home WAY too much candy we are still trying to get rid of! 

1 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Good job you! You are so domestic :)