Saturday, February 1, 2014

Christmas 2013

Christmas this year was pretty great! I kept wondering why this year just seemed so much better than years past, and I think it was because the kids didn't get as many gifts, and it was nice to see that they enjoyed the gifts they did get. Even though we live close to my parents we decided to still do our own family Christmas morning, then drive down to my parents house to do another Christmas. 

Here's Santa's set-up. Tyler all the way to the left, then me, then Preston then Spencer.

All the gifts under the tree!!!!! I still feel like we got the boys a lot of gifts. 

Preston's presents from Santa. Thankfully Santa gives toys AND books and music to our little ones. Notice the fancy new tie on the stocking. 

Spencer's loot! Yes, he got a tablet this year?!?! What was Santa thinking??? All you minecraft people out there...notice the creeper creeping out of the stocking too. 

Pretty good reaction. Those are his Christmas pjs too. The year of Adventure Time.

Daddy helping Preston go through his stocking.

Preston got a set of keys with buttons on them.....let's just say the buttons are already worn out. I'm guessing he liked it. 

Cute boy thinks big brother's chair is his! 

Spencer getting "the gift", the one he wanted soooo much! Air Hogs. 

Preston playing with his new guitar. He got so many instruments this year!! Drums, guitar, piano, shakers, tambourine, and I think that was it.

The tablet was a hit!



Santa every year brings our family a gift too! Usually we get a board game, but this year he gave us a map so we can put different pins up to show where we've lived, where we would love to go, where friends live, and where our ancestors came from. It's hanging in by our dining table, and has already been used to figure out where some countries are. 

THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER!!!!!! Tyler had already given me my computer for my birthday, so that counted as Christmas too, but he got me this shirt which I was SOOO excited about!!! If you haven't seen Big Bang Theory....you will not get this. 

Preston pulling one of his presents from his cousin around the living room. 

After our morning we headed down to my parents house to do another Christmas the next day, and we got there in record time!!! Driving on Christmas day is genius. Usually it takes a little over 4 hours to get to my parents house, at Thanksgiving it took us 6 hours, we got there this time in 3 hours and 15 minutes!!! 

Grandpa and Preston watching most likely "Up"

Aunt Ya-ya and Preston.

My nephew, W. He is too grown up. He's such a great kid too, and I love when we put on the music and just dance away in the kitchen!!

Uncle Heath helping Preston get his big truck opened up. Preston was the most excited about this present. 


Christmas was wonderful this year, and we all got pretty much everything we wanted. Hope everyone else had a great holiday season. 

3 comments:

Laura said...

Those are some great happy and excited faces! Awesome presents too. I love the nice framed map!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

The boys look super happy! Good job Santa :)

The Nicholes said...

I love the picture of Tyler and Preston going through the stocking. I want a map like that, where did you get it?